[isabelle] The Symbolic Newton Method

Symbolic computing might be the base for the next computer generation. It
also means having more powerful hardware. I recently came across the
symbolic newton method for rational functions, which is an iteration,
where the initial value is not known and which is carried out
symbolically. The resulting expression grows exponentially for nonlinear
functions and soon exceeds machine power. I now wonder, if the resulting
expression could be reduced by some Isabelle tactics, The sample can be
found under

http://cococo.de/products/windows/Columbo/sample4.html

and I would like to receive comments, if the case is of interests.

Jens