Re: [isabelle] Does anyone know how to get rid of => marker in PG4.0?

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009, Rafal Kolanski wrote:

I don't use antialiasing for fonts and rely on hinting instead, otherwise I see the text as out of focus.

Subpixel rendering and antialiasing is off.
Normal text: Lucida Console 12, native font hinting
Symbol text: Cambria Math 12, autohinting set to full

Most people use antialiased fonts these days, but if you don't like that, I recommend the above. If you'd like to know how to set this kind of thing up on Ubuntu, feel free to ask.

So how does it work on Ubuntu, then? In recent updates of both Ubuntu and Java I've experienced some degradation of anti-aliasing. Maybe your alternative setup can improve upon that.