Re: [isabelle] Numerical Recipes in Isabelle

There is something else you have to beware of: purely functional
languages do not have mutable arrays! Of course you can simulate them by
lists, but the resulting code is very inefficient. Different languages
and provers have different answers to this. The Isabelle answer is the
Haskell answer: you need to write your code in a monadic style, then
Isabelle and later the Haskell compiler can generate code that updates
arrays in place.

Tobias