[isabelle] Existential Quantifiers

Hello all,
after having thought a lot about existential quantifiers in predicate
logic I came to the conclusion, that there is no need for several
instances of a specific quantifier. You can normalize each formula to a
prenex formula and afterwards combine the quantifiers to quantifiers over
vectors.  So only one existential quantifier and only one all quantifier
would suffice. Am I right? a) If yes, can you tell a method for
decomposition of vectorized quantifiers? b) If not, please give an
example, where vectorization does not work.
Jens