Re: [isabelle] Proof by analogy and proof stability in Isabelle

We have to distinguish two applications of proof objects: to speed up
the loading of theories, where they are fine, and as a means of
producing stable proofs, where I maintain they are problematic (and I am
not aware of any system that supports it). If you want to protect your
proof against a changing basis, you have to include the whole basis into
your proof object. It is not infeasible, but it means you are locked
into this one version of your proofs. And if one day the format for
primitive proofs changes... It is like packaging every library your
program needs with that program (in binary) and freezing the program at
that point. It may have its uses, but it is not recommended as a general
program development method.

Tobias