Re: [isabelle] Proving consistency

 Am 19.08.2010 16:50, schrieb John Munroe:
What is the theorem for proving that A is consistent? On paper, I'd
like to show that I can't prove False from A, but how can that be done
in practice?
In this case simply proving that there exists an instance of A.
If you could prove False from A and there exists an instance of A then you would have proven False in Isabelle.
And thereby proving that Isabelle is inconsistent.
Of which you have to believe that it isn't the case if you want to prove anything with it. ;)

Benedikt