Re: [isabelle] thread creation failed

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010, Andrei Popescu wrote:

Thank you very much, I'll try these.

One more thing: you can disable multi-threaded processing, which is on by default. So something like -M1 in usedir options should conserve some memory.

Actually, what would clearly solve my problem in an almost platform-independent way would be the ability to remove completely (i.e., just delete from everywhere, including all the databases, etc.) some

Such workarounds to save memory remind of of the ancient days of 8bit or 16bit machines. At some point MS was very prood to present NT as "32 bit" operating system. Now that technology is already a bottle neck again, and the move to full 64 bit address happening right now.

One problem we face here is that Cygwin is for 32 bit only, and will stay so for quite some time (like most other things on the Windows platform).