So, I prefer these advantages to IRC chatting such that I do _not_ intend to use your friendly offer.

With kind regards,
Walther

Walther Neuper                          Mailto: neuper at ist.tugraz.at
Institute for Software Technology          Tel: +43-(0)316/873-5728
University of Technology                   Fax: +43-(0)316/873-5706
Graz, Austria                             Home: www.ist.tugraz.at/neuper

On 12/05/2010 09:57 PM, Jason Dagit wrote:
As a follow up to this, I took the liberty of creating an Isabelle
subreddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/isabelle/

It's a great place to post announcements, updates, conference papers, and
other news items relevant to Isabelle.

Would it be possible to get links to the Isabelle reddit and IRC channel on
community page?
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/hvg/Isabelle/community.html

We now have a dedicated log for the IRC channel too in case you want to see
what is going on:
http://irclog.perlgeek.de/isabelle/

Thanks,
Jason
Hello,

I'm new to Isabelle and I noticed a lack of IRC channel for getting help
with Isabelle questions.

I created a channel named #isabelle on irc.freenode.net, so stop by and idle
for a while:)

Why IRC?
IRC can be an effective way to communicate in the open source world.  For
example, the #haskell IRC channel is very helpful for answering questions
and getting quick turnaround or interactive help.  It's nice for things that
are urgent or easy to fix.  Especially for beginners who seem to run into
every conceivable obstacle (like me!).  It's especially nice for doing
"question exchanges".  You come by, ask a question, and then stick around
long enough to answer someone else's question thereby paying your karma
forward.

My name on freenode is lispy.

See you on freenode!
Jason