[isabelle] Changing the fontface in PG

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to change the font face of free variables in the response window? I've tried changing ProofGeneral/isar/isar-syntax.el:

(defface isabelle-free-name-face
(proof-face-specs
(:foreground "blue")
(:foreground "yellow")
(:bold t))
"*Face for Isabelle term / type hiliting"
:group 'proof-faces)

(defface isabelle-free-name-face
(proof-face-specs
(:foreground "blue")
(:foreground "red")
(:bold t))
"*Face for Isabelle term / type hiliting"
:group 'proof-faces)

but free variables are still shown with a yellow background. I'm using a dark environment, so I suspect it's the second argument to proof-face-specs that needs changing. I've already removed all .elcs and all other font faces work, eg, bound, schematic variables, etc.

Thanks

Steve