Re: [isabelle] Isabelle Proof in Papers

Greetings Chris

I'm currently writing my thesis and trying out the Isabelle-tex capabilities. I am also completely new to this, but I've found a way to display the proofs in a way that I like.

My problem was that I wanted the Isabelle-Isar code in my papers, but I also wanted the nicely generated tex-syntax for my object logic, as I don't want the readers to have to parse weird ascii-xsymbol syntax when reading the proofs.

Anyway, I don't know what your Setup.thy theory looks like, but if it's anything like mine then you have a bunch of abbreviations from your Isabelle expressions to tex-code..... with these \<^raw:..> constructs spliced in to get the proper look that you want.

What you can then do is to write these latex commands in stead of your object logic. The abbreviations will translate it back to the corresponding logic that Isabelle understands, and your scripts will still be fully verified, although completely unreadable at a source code level. They will look nice in print though.

For example, you can have:

from A B C have "tex code" by (rule D)
moreover from ...

You can then comment out the (rule D) part and replace it with txt {* Lemma \ref{mylatexreference} *} if you want, or just add as a comment which lemma you mean by (rule D).

This is not exactly pretty, but it works. What would be nice is if all object logic formulae could be passed through the tex-code generator, but I have been told that this is technically very difficult.

Best of luck

/Jesper