Re: [isabelle] x-symbols and AFS?

On Sat, 03 Jul 2010 00:03:48 Makarius wrote:
> The reason why ancient xemacs is needed on Cygwin is the lack
> of GNU Emacs 22 on that platform.  ProofGeneral-3.7.x does not
> work with the newer GNU Emacs 23 line, which is generally far
> superior.

I use Proof General 3.7.1.1 with GNU Emacs 23.2.1, but I'm working
with Linux (and NetBSD on another computer, with perhaps a
different release of Emacs 23), not Cygwin.  I find it usable
(with Unicode tokens, not X-Symbol), but not perfect.  For
details, see my post at http://tinyurl.com/22m7mbq and David
Aspinall's commendably concise summary in his reply.

Tim
<><