Re: [isabelle] x-symbols and AFS?

On Mon, 5 Jul 2010, Timothy McKenzie wrote:

On Sat, 03 Jul 2010 00:03:48 Makarius wrote:
The reason why ancient xemacs is needed on Cygwin is the lack
of GNU Emacs 22 on that platform.  ProofGeneral-3.7.x does not
work with the newer GNU Emacs 23 line, which is generally far
superior.

I use Proof General 3.7.1.1 with GNU Emacs 23.2.1, but I'm working
with Linux (and NetBSD on another computer, with perhaps a
different release of Emacs 23), not Cygwin.  I find it usable
(with Unicode tokens, not X-Symbol), but not perfect.

BTW http://proofgeneral.inf.ed.ac.uk/devel now has an update on the PG pre-4.0 branch (ProofGeneral-4.0pre100709) that works much better than earlier versions. That should allow you to use Emacs 23.x without the traps and pitfalls of old PG 3.7.x on that platform.

Any issues should be directed to http://proofgeneral.inf.ed.ac.uk/trac/