Re: [isabelle] Update on I3P

On Sat, 17 Jul 2010, Joachim Breitner wrote:

* Using the IsabelleText TrueType font that comes with Isabelle-2009-2, I can not display a few special characters, especially \<guillemotleft>, \<guillemotright> and \<one>. These are shown as a black square. Is that a problem with i3p, the font, or something else?

The font should be OK.  You can test it as follows:

  Isabelle2009-2/bin/isabelle jedit Isabelle2009-2/etc/symbols

Assuming that this file has been loaded with the encoding "UTF-8-Isabelle", which is the default configuration here, you will see the decoded version of the standard symbol encoding table of the Isabelle system. Users can add further symbols in $ISABELLE_HOME_USER/etc/symbols

There is a fairly straight-forward Isabelle/Scala interface to use this information in JVM-based applications, but I3P still ignores that, shipping its own (faulty) tables instead.