Re: [isabelle] Printing instantiations

On 17/06/10 09:00, Florian Haftmann wrote:
Hi Steve,

lemma test: "EX x. F x<  0"

How can I extract the instantiation of the variable x? I've tried adding
full_prf; after show ?thesis with apply auto, but I keep getting an
error saying 'minimal proof object'. That said, I actually would like to
obtain the internal representation of the instantiation instead. In
essence, I want to find a way to know that 'x' in the lemma is
instantiated to 'c' and obtain the internal representation of it.

to inspect proofs, you have to use the image "HOL-Proofs" (containing
proof terms) instead of "HOL" and turn proof objects on by selecting
"Full proofs" from the Isabelle settings menu.

On a related question, instead of parsing the full proof and take out the interesting bits, are there ML functions for directly obtaining the instantiation of a variable in a proof?

Michael

Hope this helps,
	Florian

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.