Re: [isabelle] Can I define direct sum of sets in R^n and R^m

Lawrence Paulson schrieb:
> Once again, this formalisation of finite Cartesian products is showing itself to be unsuitable for abstract mathematics.

I'm interested: how do you model the problem in any formalism such that
A^m * B^n = A^(m+n) without resorting to an explicit isomorphism along
the way? Unless I am mistaken, the datatypes you provide in your
formalization of ZF do not do the job either.

> It is only useful if you intend to work in one fixed dimension. I hope it isn't used extensively.

It is. Luckily it works quite well for concrete mathematics.

Tobias