Re: [isabelle] Porting a tool: OuterSyntax.read disappeared

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010, Rafal Kolanski wrote:

I'm porting a tool to Isabelle 2009-1, and the tool uses OuterSyntax.read, which was removed in changeset 722cf4fdd4dd with the comment "eliminated unused trace, read". That's cool, but what am I supposed to use in its place?

The last version with OuterSyntax.read is Isabelle2007; in Isabelle2008 it is already gone, but OuterSyntax.parse is in its place. The changeset 722cf4fdd4dd also hints at this connection.

Deleting old/weakly defined functionality for outer syntax processing like OuterSyntax.read has generally improved the situation.

What are your requirements then?