[isabelle] Packaging for distros? (Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora?)

Hello all,

I was hoping to install Isabelle on my machine but winced when I saw the
following instructions:

    tar -C /usr/local -xzf Isabelle2009-2_bundle_x86-linux.tar.gz

And I was wondering if Isabelle had been packaged up for any of the major
distros with the collaboration of the Isabelle authors (since "Pre-packaged
versions of Isabelle, Poly/ML, and Proof General floating through the Net as
deb, rpm, port etc. are often outdated and rarely work as advertised.")
Packaged software confers a number of notable benefits (uninstallability,
ease of installation, upgrade facilities).

Thanks,
Edward