Re: [isabelle] Packaging for distros? (Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora?)

Hi,

not really: sun-java6-jdk is not Free Software by Debian’s standards and
is shipped outside of Debian, in a special “non-free” repository. If
jedit (or a theoretical isabelle package) would depend on sun-java6-jdk,
then it would also be in non-free, even though it is free software.

A proper fix would be to find out what does not work with OpenJDK and
why, and fix it. But this is getting off-topic here.

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim Breitner