Re: [isabelle] Packaging for distros? (Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora?)

On Sun, 28 Nov 2010, Ian Lynagh wrote:

I've never tried either of those, but broadly speaking my machine is the same as the package maintainers, and it presumably works for the maintainer, so it's likely to work for me.

The whole confusion seems to be based on a general disagreement of what "works" actually means.

Or it might be as simple as a README (in the normal place) explaining how to find the documentation. It depends what fits the package best.

Again these extra complications due to packaging.  Hopeless.