Re: [isabelle] Packaging for distros? (Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora?)

On Mon, 29 Nov 2010, Jeremy Dawson wrote:

For Isabelle 2005 you have to run PolyML 4.1.4, not PolyML 5.x - subsequent versions of Isabelle work with certain versions of PolyML only. And although I have Isabelle 2005 working with my theory files with PolyML 4.1.4 on (I think) five machines, it won't work on some other machines (possibly because of the machine architecture).

On this latter point - can anyone help ? I'm wondering if the problem is that I'm now trying to get it (ie, Isabelle 2005 on PolyML 4.1.4) working on a different machine which is a 64-bit machine - does this require a different version of PolyML 4.1.4 ? Is there such a version available ?

Did you see this explanation how to revive really old Isabelle versions with current SML/NJ?

https://lists.cam.ac.uk/mailman/htdig/cl-isabelle-users/2010-November/msg00013.html