Re: [isabelle] G.U.T.

At TPHOLS 2009 Osman Hasan, Sanaz Khan Afshar and Sofiene Tahar
presented "Formal Analysis of Optical Waveguides in HOL" which is about
formalizing some physical properties in HOL4. As far as I know, physics
is mostly about calculus, so the Multivariate Analysis found in
HOL-light or Isabelle/HOL and the probability theory available in HOL4
and now also in Isabelle/HOL could be a good starting point.

Multivariate Analysis does also support non-euclidean spaces, which is
surely needed for the theory of relativity, and the probabilty theory
could be helpfully when formalizing quantum problems. So formalizing
some well established physics should be no problem. But how can
formalizing physics help when no theories are available for G.U.T.?

Greetings,
  Johannes