Re: [isabelle] installing Isabelle under polyml-5

Hi Jeremy,

I'm trying to build Isabelle 2005 under PolyML 5.1 and get the following error:

Further to the above, I've tried to build Isabelle 2007 - under Polyml 5.1 it seems to work fine, but under PolyML 5.2 it gives the following error

Combining Isabelle releases with versions of polyml that are much younger normally does not work, unless you are lucky.

Looking at our local installations of old Isabelle versions, it seems that Isabelle 2005 came with polyml 4.1.3, and Isabelle 2007 with polyml 5.1.

I vaguely remember a patch for Isabelle2005 floating around that made it work with polyml 5. You might find it if you search the mailing list archives.

Alex