Re: [isabelle] installing Isabelle under polyml-5

On 10/26/2010 07:06 PM, Alexander Krauss wrote:
Hi Jeremy,

I'm trying to build Isabelle 2005 under PolyML 5.1 and get the following error:

Further to the above, I've tried to build Isabelle 2007 - under Polyml 5.1 it seems to work fine, but under PolyML 5.2 it gives the following error

Combining Isabelle releases with versions of polyml that are much younger normally does not work, unless you are lucky.

Looking at our local installations of old Isabelle versions, it seems that Isabelle 2005 came with polyml 4.1.3, and Isabelle 2007 with polyml 5.1.

I vaguely remember a patch for Isabelle2005 floating around that made it work with polyml 5. You might find it if you search the mailing list archives.

Alex

Thanks Alex, I've found a reference to the fact that Makarius had done this, but no patch.

If each version of Isabelle only works with a specific (or sufficiently old) version of PolyML, then the old versions of PolyMl also need to be made available on the website together with the old Isabelle releases.

Regards,

Jeremy