Re: [isabelle] document preparation / hiding attributes

On Mon, 13 Sep 2010, Matthias Schmalz wrote:

I wonder whether there is a way to hide attributes for document
preparation similar as it is possible to hide proofs.
For example, in

lemma foo [simp]: ...
proof
qed

I know how to make a document version without "proof ... qed", but I do
not know how to make a version without "[simp]".
(Of course, I could use (*<*) and (*>*), but that would be hard to
maintain.)

I would say (*<*) ... (*>*) is the proper way for that, although one needs some care of not mixing it with the document "tag" system for changing the LaTeX output, such as %invisible.

You can also play trick with embedded "-- {* ... *}" but that is a different story. (Christian Urban is the uberhacker here.)