Re: [isabelle] Had a problem for last 2 weeks that have kept me from running isabelle

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010, Jeffrey Smith (Faculty) wrote:

I have directories ProofGen.1 and ProofGeneral-3.7.1.1 under $ISABELLE_HOME/contrib but not ProofGeneral)" no matter was I set PROOFGENERAL_HOME to I get the same error.

I am trying to do the install under cygwin

The above looks like a casualty caused by some Windows tool for unpacking the Isabelle .tar.gz --- ProofGeneral should be a symlink to ProofGeneral-3.7.1.1 according to the Cygwin interpretation of the file space. Use tar from the Cygwin command line exclusively.