Re: [isabelle] Emacs 23/PG 4 problems on Mac

Dear Brian and Makarius,

thank you for your helpful suggestions regarding the Emacs-specific problems 1) and 2).

@Brian regarding backspace problem:
Setting normal-erase-is-backspace to On solves my problem.

@Makarius regarding modifier keys:
Your command switches off the interpretation of the Option key by Emacs, which is good. But I also and had to set mac-command-modifier to meta in order to restore things to "normal". I did this via the menus, so my .emacs now contains

(custom-set-variables
 '(ns-alternate-modifier (quote none))
 '(ns-command-modifier (quote meta))
)

Here, ... denotes other settings and "ns-command-modifier" is a synonym for "mac-command-modifier" and similarly for the other.

Best,
Christoph