[isabelle] tools on Isabelle.

Dear all:
   Here I want to ask some two questions on some tools on Isabelle.

1. Is there any  proof script tranforming tool from old version to new
version.
    Isabelle has been updated very quickly.   But it does not support the
old version of proof scripts.
For instance, constdefs command is not supported by the new version.  I want
to ask whether a tool is available
to transfer the old proof script into new one supported by the new version
of Isabelle.

2. Mercurial repository.
   Isabelle's development uses  Mercury as version control tool.
   Now is it possible to download the most recent version of some materials?
   Is it readable for a user who is not a developper?
   What command to use?

   best