[isabelle] Isabelle and SWI-Prolog under MacOS

Dear all,

after updating to Isabelle 2011, I get the following message when calling "isabelle version"

expr: syntax error
Isabelle2011: January 2011

However, I figured out that only if the executable

/opt/local/bin/swipl  (SWI-Prolog via MacPorts)

is present, then the "expr: syntax error" is displayed.
To put it differently, after "mv /opt/local/bin/swipl /opt/local/bin/ swi"
the call "isabelle version" just displays

Isabelle2011: January 2011

as desired. Any ideas?

Best,
René

PS: The same error occurs on two different Intel-Macs both running Leopord (10.5) PPS: If one removes the original swipl and replaces it by some script like "echo $* >/tmp/args" then the "expr: syntax error" remains, and detects that swipl is called with arguments "--version"
René Thiemann                    mailto:rene.thiemann at uibk.ac.at
Computational Logic Group        http://cl-informatik.uibk.ac.at/~thiemann/
Institute of Computer Science    phone: +43 512 507-6434
University of Innsbruck