Re: [isabelle] Isabelle 2011 and SWI-Prolog

On Wed, 9 Feb 2011, Christian Maeder wrote:

I was also surprised by a disturbing message from an old SWI-Prolog-5.6.? installation that caused no problem for older Isabelle versions.

Probably nothing. I.e. you can just deactivate Isabelle2011/src/HOL/Tools/Predicate_Compile/etc/settings by renaming the file or commenting out the "choosefrom" invocations that pick up external tools accidentally.

I've introduced "choosefrom" myself many years ago, but it has come out of fashion more recently, when explicit "components" were introduced. So it looks like it would be better to phase out this implicit collecting of settings altogether in the next release.