Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2011 jEdit

On 16/02/2011 11:27, Makarius wrote:
On Wed, 16 Feb 2011, Slawomir Kolodynski wrote:

On my (probably too weak) machine when I am editing a theory file with
jEdit interface the editor becomes sometimes extremely slow/non
responsive. I guess all processor power goes into processing the
changed document. Is there a way to temporarily disable continuous
proving feature of Isabelle2011 jEdit interface?

Not yet. There is indeed very little management of resources right now.

What are your hardware parameters anyway? I would expect that starting
from 2 cores + 2 GB you can use the system for not too big applications.

Even on my more luxurious 2 core, 8GB memory machine, I would find it helpful to turn off automatic processing sometimes; I do some fairly non-standard things with Isabelle... saving files as side effects of processing, opening new pipes to/from isabelle, etc, etc.

best,
lucas

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.