Re: [isabelle] duplicate Emacs.app on MacOSX

Hi Perry,

> Isabelle 2011 for MacOSX comes with its own version of Emacs.app for proof general.
>
> This means that its distinct from the Emacs.app I have already installed even though the two are identical.  What's the thinking?  Can I combine Isabelle 2011's version with my already installed version using some sort of "emacsclient -c" interface so that I have only one instance of the app running?

Yes. From the command line, you can specify the -p option to point to any emacs client. For example,

/Applications/Isabelle2011.app/Isabelle/bin/isabelle emacs -p /Applications/Isabelle2009-2.app/Contents/Resources/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs

(all on one line) will launch Isabelle2011 with the Emacs from Isabelle2009-2, assuming the applications are installed at the same places as on my Mac (they should be by default).

Regards,

Jasmin