Re: [isabelle] How to show that locale loop is finite?

Isabelle does not unfold definitions automatically, you need to do that
explicitly, eg by(simp add: fdef_def). However, when running your
theory, I get a different error, which has nothing to do with F:

*** Roundup bound exceeded (sublocale relation probably not terminating).
*** At command "locale"

If you did not get this, you were lucky.

Tobias