Re: [isabelle] Errors when installing and executing Isabelle-2009-2

John Nicol wrote:
Installing Adobe Flash (which depends on some of the libc libraries) appears
to have fixed the problem.  It reconfigured libc6-i386 and lib32stdc++6 and
some other libraries.

I assume this is related to this problem, although the error was less
clear:
https://lists.cam.ac.uk/pipermail/cl-isabelle-users/2008-March/msg00003.html

I'd recommend listing the libc dependencies on the installation page and/or
putting a descriptive error in the code.  This was a fairly clean Ubuntu
installation, so I'm sure this problem will pop up again.

In fact, a student at TUM recently had what seems to be exactly the same problem. It was also a more or less clean Ubuntu installation. We could not solve it at that time, and it somehow went away after he reinstalled the system.

So it may be a not-so uncommon error.

Alex