Re: [isabelle] Errors when installing and executing Isabelle-2009-2

On 10.01.2011 01:58, Thomas Sewell wrote:
This might be an instance of a problem we've seen frequently, where a 32-bit binary is executed on a 64-bit linux which doesn't have ia32libs installed. I think the problem is not even a missing dynamic library but a failure to find the dynamic linking program which is usually named as an interpreter, and the error comes from the kernel itself.

Yep, this is due to missing dynamic linker (/lib/ld-linux.so.2). On Debian-based systems, this file is part of libc6-i386. ia32libs is not needed to run Isabelle (but depends on libc6-i386, so it will fix the symptons).

On Fedora, bash contains code to detect a missing dynamic linker, but this seems to be quite involved[1]; so not worth to be added to Isabelle.

[1] http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/linux-kernel/2010/3/27/4552425