Re: [isabelle] Errors when installing and executing Isabelle-2009-2

Hi Timothy,

but now it seems that I might be able to get it running in 32-bit mode by installing glibc.i686. Is there any benefit in doing so, now that I've already got 64-bit Isabelle up and running?

The memory footprint of 32-bit Isabelle is significantly smaller, due to the more compact representation of pretty much everything. So I think the standard approach is to only use 64-bit when your applications hit the address space barrier of 4GB. This is what used to be the 640kB barrier not long ago :-)

Alex