Re: [isabelle] Errors when installing and executing Isabelle-2009-2

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 11:13:47 Alexander Krauss wrote:
> The memory footprint of 32-bit Isabelle is significantly
> smaller, due to the more compact representation of pretty much
> everything. So I think the standard approach is to only use
> 64-bit when your applications hit the address space barrier of
> 4GB. This is what used to be the 640kB barrier not long ago
> :-)

Thanks.  I got 32-bit Isabelle to work on 64-bit Fedora 13 by
commenting out the 64-bit-specific things I'd put in my
~/.isabelle/etc/settings file, installing glibc.i686 (for /lib/ld-
linux.so.2) and libstdc++.i686 (for /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6, which
I found was also necessary).

Timothy
<><