[isabelle] jedit interface with openjdk

I have experienced no problems whatsoever with the jedit interface
running with openjdk (apart from the annoying message upon startup
saying to get sun java instead).
What kind of problems are supposed to occur? Is it possible openjdk
has now been improved to eliminate them?

On the subject of jedit, though I believe independent of the choice of
jdk, is it possible to copy and paste text out of the prover output
window (where current subgoals are displayed)? It seems impossible,
which sometimes makes writing structured proofs a pain (where I want
to write "show <some subgoal>" without retyping the whole subgoal
myself.)