[isabelle] Isabelle wants you for the Google Summer of Code 2011

     o---------------------------------------------------------------o
    /
   /     GOOGLE  SUMMER  OF  CODE  2011
  /
 /       Isabelle is looking for student applications
/
o--------------------------------------------------------------------o

|  Isabelle is participating in this year's Google Summer of Code
|  (GSoC) [1], a generous offer by Google to support open-source
|  projects worldwide.  GSoC provides funding for students to work
|  full-time on Isabelle during a three-month period from mid May
|  until mid August.  Besides earning up to 5.000 USD, students
|  completing their project will get a cool GSoC t-shirt.

o  We are now looking for interested and motivated students willing
|  to spend their summer in improving Isabelle.  There is no
|  restriction on eligible students, except that they must be
|  enrolled in some university at April 25 (but see [1] for further
|  details).

o  A list of suggested Isabelle project ideas can be found at:

|    http://isabelle.in.tum.de/gsoc-ideas.html
|
|  Although we would really like to see these ideas implemented,
|  interested students are not bound to them.  Students may propose
|  own ideas during the discussion phase (see below).

o  Important dates:

|    March 18-27:
|    Would-be student participants discuss application ideas with us.
|
|    April 8, 19 UTC:
|    Student application deadline, apply at
|    http://www.google-melange.com/ with a Google account.
|
|    April 25, 19:00 UTC:
|    Accepted student proposals announced on the Google Summer of
|    Code 2011 site.
|
|    May 23:
|    Students begin coding for their GSoC projects.
|
|    August 22, 19:00 UTC:
|    Firm 'pencils down' date.

o  Please distribute this email as you see fit.