Re: [isabelle] Type as argument

With the example, would it be possible to let f be a parameter of a locale instead, ie

locale A1 =
fixes f :: "nat => 'a itself => bool"
defines "fs (t::nat itself) = (if s = a then True else False)"

complains about the operand "t::nat itself". Is it asking for "nat" to be a parameter?

Thanks

On May 16, 2011 3:53pm, Brian Huffman <brianh at cs.pdx.edu> wrote:
2011/5/16 Steve W s.wong.731 at gmail.com>:

> Thanks all. One more question: what is the "itself" keyword for in "'a

> itself"?

The "itself" is just a type constructor. It is like what you would get

from the following datatype declaration:

datatype 'a itself = Type (* one constructor with no arguments *)

The syntax "TYPE('a)" is an abbreviation for "Type :: 'a itself".

- Brian