[isabelle] Position available: applying theorem proving to economic problems

Manfred Kerber (Computer Science, U Birmingham) and Colin Rowat (Economics, U Birmingham) are looking for an RA, ideally a fresh PhD with strong maths/comp sci and an interest in applying automated theorem proving techniques to economics.  If you might know of anyone, we would be grateful if you mentioned this to them.  If you might have suggestions as to where we could circulate this e-mail, we would also be grateful to hear from you.

The job ad can be found at: http://tinyurl.com/5tnv4u5 (closing date 30 Nov)

The EPSRC research grant details are at:http://gow.epsrc.ac.uk/NGBOViewGrant.aspx?GrantRef=EP/J007498/1

Three papers that exemplify the work that is to be automated and extended:
http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-22673-1_5
http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00182-010-0247-5

Further information can be obtained from m.kerber at cs.bham.ac.uk andc.rowat at bham.ac.uk