Re: [isabelle] Multiple type variables in class specification

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 11:28 PM, Steve Wong <s.wong.731 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there a way to use several type variables in a class specification. For
> example:
>
> class test =
>  fixes foo :: "('a => 'b => 'c) => 'a itself => bool"
>
> With the above, Isabelle complains about having multiple type variables.

I believe this is a fundamental limitation of type classes (or at
least this implementation thereof): only one type variable allowed.
You may want to consider using a locale instead.
(More experienced/knowledgeable users please correct me if I'm wrong!)