Re: [isabelle] Isabelle's jEdit plugin: some known help documents?

On Wed, 1 Aug 2012, Gottfried Barrow wrote:

More commentary from the cheap seats, but I try to be an Isabelle evangelist, because any big influx of new users would be beneficial to what I want to do in the long run.

First, the market is so untapped, at this point any success by any proof assistant is beneficial to every other proof assistant.

This is in fact the most important observation. In particular one needs to avoid childish attitudes of "my proof assistant is better than your's".

I usually try to give the people behind the HOL family and Coq some helpful hints, to improve the packaging and distribution of their systems. For the core functionality, they know better themselves.