Re: [isabelle] Structural induction with an assumption in Isar

Hi,

I just wanted to follow-up in case anyone finds this thread in the archive.
 I spoke too quickly.  Julian's solution *does* ensure that the Assumption
S fact is available during the induction.  However, S still remains
unconnected to Foo arg, the current induction form. Because of this, I
cannot show Assumption (Foo arg).

I was able to get the proof to work by including the assumption as part of
the induction hypothesis, as Tobias suggested.  I had tried this before,
actually, but was running into trouble because I did not use the next
command between induction cases.  This was very confusing to me, because I
normally don't need to use next.  I guess it matters here because each
induction case will add to the assumptions, and so it needs to be reset.

Thank you to both Julian and Tobias for the help.

Edward