[isabelle] "bad Java executable" for jedit

       I am a new user. I installed isabelle on an Ubuntu system which
runs with the proof general interface. I also installed jedit and the
two required plugins, which by itself runs. But when I try to launch
Isabelle with jedit, I get a response saying  "bad Java executable"
pointing to a file in the isabelle distribution.
       I could not find configuration instructions anywhere. Could someone help?
                                           Siddhartha