Re: [isabelle] xsymbols problem on linux gentoo

Dear René,

sorry for the delay...

Le 04/01/12 21:36, René Neumann a écrit :
Am 04.01.2012 11:39, schrieb Thomas Genet:

Dear all,

we start a course on Isabelle here in Rennes but we have font problems
on the desktop computer we use for practical courses.

We use gentoo linux distrib on classroom's computers and its emacs
installation does not seem to behave well with Xsymbols. When the
Xsymbols mode is activated, depending on the font selected, logic
symbols are either partially or badly displayed.

For instance, no difference is made between symbols for "==>" and "=>"
(or "-->" and "->") which is quite embarassing.

Do anybody have an idea on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

this might be the very same problem that occurred to me on Gentoo: You
need to patch emacs (I don't know whether this is a bug in PG or in
Emacs). Please see http://proofgeneral.inf.ed.ac.uk/trac/ticket/409

- René

Thanks for the pointer!

Hopefully, the fix we finally found did not require to patch emacs :-) I think the problem we had was simpler than the one you pointed out.

Thanks anyway...

I hope that everything is ok at TUM...

Best regards,

Thomas