Re: [isabelle] How to Install Isabelle

On Tue, 27 Mar 2012, Sascha Boehme wrote:

Just for the records: The description pointed out below is an extended version of what is written at [1] and might be suitable for unexperienced users (especially with respect to Cygwin).

BTW, I can confirm that Isabelle/jEdit also runs on Windows 8 Consumer Preview.

Cheers,
Sascha

[1] http://isabelle.in.tum.de/download.html

Quoting Jens Doll <jd at cococo.de>:

There is a new document on how to install Isabelle in a Windows environment:

 http://cococo.de/Context_IT_GmbH/index.jsp?content=directory&lib=products/Sources/Isabelle/

The system now works on my machines, Win XP as well as Win 7.

I see these notes for Isabelle2011-1 again after the Isabelle2012 release from May. Is there anything left to say concerning Isabelle Installation for Windows? Most of the above-mentioned text should be obsolete.