Re: [isabelle] provers used by sledgehammer

Am 20.07.2012 um 16:43 schrieb Makarius:

> So I would welcome someone standing forward to continue its maintenance.  (It needs to be someone who understands what maintenance of sofware systems means in general.)

My personal preference would be for somebody who will be around in Chair 21 for the next 2 or 3 years at least. But if none of the people meeting this criterion (and the maintenance criterion) step forward, I'd be willing to step in at least for the next year and do the minimal amount of work needed to keep it running on our three main platforms with the latest Isabelle.

Being the maintainer of several binary packages already (e.g. E 1.6 this week again), I'm not exactly thrilled about the prospect, but I think we all agree that Proof General has to be maintained for a couple of years, until the late adopters run out of reasons not to use jEdit/PIDE.

Jasmin