Re: [isabelle] Isabelle/jedit

Dear all,

I was going to suggest an alternative to Fabian's setup where we could use a keyboard shortcut to toggle "Auto update". My idea was that you turn "Auto update" off in situations where you want to have a look at the current proof state while typing the next method application (which is not always the case since often subgoals are easy enough that we do not really have to think about them) and afterwards turn "Auto update" on again.

However, when trying this (currently by manually clicking on the "Auto update" checkbox of the "Output" panel) I noticed what I would consider undesirable behavior which I will illustrate by the following example (where [...] indicates the cursor position):

  lemma "A & B --> B & A"[]

At this point we have the subgoal

   1. A ∧ B ⟶ B ∧ A

Now I turn off "Auto update" and type Enter to go to the next line. Unfortunately, even with "Auto update" turned off, the "Output" panel is "updated" to an empty state. The same happens when starting from

  lamme "A & B --> B & A"
  []

and typing anything (already in the new line). Wouldn't it be preferable if "Output" would not change at all, after switching off "Auto update"?

cheers

chris