Re: [isabelle] Isabelle's jEdit plugin: some known help documents?

On Tue, 31 Jul 2012, Gottfried Barrow wrote:

I feel the Isabelle community favors Emacs's ProofGeneral over jEdit (or I may be wrong), and feel there are fewer documents for Isabelle used with jEdit.

I think the commitment has already been made that jEdit is the future. Emacs lovers can only savor the present, and long for the past in the future. I'd get philosophical about all the pros and cons, but it's a mute point. Lots of things are decided for us by the developers.

Well it mainly depends who is spending time on what. Historically, I have worked a lot together with David Aspinall on Proof General. It remains to be seen how active any Emacs lovers can make themselves to continue its maintenance. (For Proof General / Coq there is quite some recent activity, e.g. Hendrik Tews porting the classic PVS proof tree gadget or updating the integration with the "make" tool for separate compilation in Coq.)