Re: [isabelle] Help file for commands such as "declare [[show_types]]" because jEdit lacks PG features

Am Mittwoch, den 30.05.2012, 21:19 +0200 schrieb Makarius:
[..]
> Over all these years there has been a tension of HTML vs. PDF.  I
> originally preferred proof documents with proper typesetting and
> pagination, but this now gets in the way for fully formal online text.
>
> My hope is that someone who really understands HTML4/CSS2 or HTML5/CSS3
> could give some hints how to make high-quality rendering of formal
> documents like the Isabelle manuals, or any other Isabelle document
> from applications.

This reminds me on MathJAX which was posted a couple of month ago on
this mailing list:

  http://www.mathjax.org/demos/tex-samples/

The TeX sample look quiet impressive, and it looks like even inline TeX
works. They also have a solution for copy & paste:

  http://www.mathjax.org/demos/copy-and-paste/

However MathJAX only interprets the LaTeX math-mode, I have no idea how
much work it is to transform entire documents into HTML using Tex4HT,
latex2html, ...  And I think Isabelle currently does not produce math
output for terms.

 - Johannes